For Medium-Scale Roasters
We realize that there are countless options and opportunities for sourcing green coffee, and we appreciate your interest in Cafe Imports. We’d love to help you find the right coffee to grow your business and stand out in the world of specialty coffee.
The following are several key services that we offer to benefit your business below, click for details, or continue scrolling.
TRANSPARENT COFFEE DESCRIPTIONS, CUPPING NOTES, AND MARKETING INFO
- We work tirelessly to provide as much information about our coffees as we can, including farm and farmer specificity, and even varieties whenever possible.
- We have a team of full-time coffee buyers who travel the globe for 10+ months a year each, seeking the most delicious coffees on the planet and sharing those coffees’ stories.
- Search our offerings by cupping characteristics on our website, or ask your sales rep to recommend coffees with profiles that match your needs.
EXPERT SENSORY ANALYSIS
- Our full-time sensory-analysis team evaluates every single coffee that we buy and sell: They cup each Cafe Imports coffee multiple times in order to establish, evaluate, and ensure our high standard of quality.
- We keep detailed records of vital information about each and every coffee we sell, from cup score and characteristics to dates of offer and arrival, moisture content, and water activity.
- Cafe Imports’ sensory department cups over 5,000 coffees annually—at the height of certain seasons, 50 cups per day!—and maintains calibration and shares regular feedback with the sales teams around the world.
OFFERINGS LISTS ONLINE FOR EASY ACCESS
- Check our up-to-the-minute inventory of “SPOT” coffees in our warehouses, coffees that are “AFLOAT” in transit to us, or even coffees still “OPEN,” which we have committed to buy but have not yet shipped from origin.
- Your sales rep can also provide you with updated availability on any lots.
FORWARD BOOKING OF CORE COFFEES AND MICROLOTS
- As your partner, we are committed to working closely with you to get to know your tastes and volumetric needs, and act as advocates for you when making green-coffee sourcing decisions.
- Your sales rep can also help you forward book into lots of coffee that meet your needs and fill your lineup for the year, granting you sample-approval rights and will co-cup coffees with you even before they arrive from origin.
SEVERAL TIERS OF COFFEE TO FIT YOUR BUSINESS MODEL
- Microlots: Generally 88+ points, highly traceable, fewer than 100 bags available, premium price (static priced, not tied to the C market)
- Program Coffees: Generally 85–88 points, micro- or maco-regional traceability, 100 – 250+ bags, mid-price (typically dynamic)—price includes a premium toward a collaborative effort between the producer/s and Cafe Imports
- Signature Coffees: Generally 82–84 points, sourced primarily for profile and quality, macroregional traceability, competitively (and dynamically) priced
- Certifications: A selection of various third-party verified and certified coffees, all of which meet our quality standards and fulfill a range of price points and levels of traceability—Fair Trade USA, Fairtrade International (FLO), Rainforest Alliance (RFA), certified Organic, Non-GMO
WAREHOUSING AND STORAGE
- Spot coffees are sold from and stored in our Minneapolis, London, and Melbourne warehouses, and we welcome our customers to keep a position with us in the most convenient warehouse to their location.
- We can also store contracted and forward-booked coffees in warehouse space in MN, NJ, or CA in the United States, or in the U.K. and Australia internationally.
- Shipping can be arranged to your door from any of our warehouse spaces.
QUICK SHIPMENT TIMES AND INDUSTRY-LEADING FREIGHT RATES
- U.S. customers enjoy same-day shipping from our Minneapolis warehouse on orders placed before 12pm Central Time, Monday through Friday.
- Customers throughout Europe and Australia enjoy next-day shipping on most orders.
- Thanks to the volume we ship around the world on a daily basis, we are able to offer incredibly competitive freight rates worldwide.
- Let our savvy logistics team take care of the details and get you the coffee you need, when you need it. Just sit back and wait for the coffee to show up!
SOURCING TRIPS AND RELATIONSHIP BASED MICROLOT SELECTION
- Travel with us to meet or visit our producing partners, and to cup and select lots of coffee in-country. Cafe Imports is proud to make long-term connections between our producing and roasting partners, strengthening the supply chain and bringing more fantastic coffees to a wider market.
Partnerships are dynamic, and partners grow together. Let us know how we can be your partner, and soon we can taste some delicious coffees, develop a strong relationship in business, and move forward together.