Senior Sales Representative – Cafe Imports Europe
Cafe Imports Europe strives to bring sustainable green coffee closer to the European market. Therefore we are seeking a highly motivated Senior Sales Associate (f/m/d) – full-time – to join our team in Berlin, Germany.
The ideal candidate has experience selling either green coffee or a peripheral product in the coffee industry and does not shy away from handling a broad range of tasks.
As an ambassador of Cafe Imports Europe, you will represent us comprehensively to the outside world. A proven ability to cup coffees and a deep understanding how coffee is bought and sold globally is extremely important. The ability to then demonstrate those findings in meaningful and transparent ways to customers is highly valued.
You will have a wide range of responsibilities focused around business development and account management.
Training will be provided in Berlin as well as our office in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA: specifically ourCompany cultural standards, trading, buying coffee, accounting, and customer management systems.
The ideal candidate has the following:
- Ability to manage tasks, work with precision, and complete time-sensitive tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on projects independently in a multifaceted department
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well with others in a small, first-name-basis work culture
- You have organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to travel and be an ambassador of the Cafe Imports brand
- Ability to take direction and correction professionally and constructively
- Ability to compete time-sensitive tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet or exceed annual individual goals established by the Sales manager
- Grow and manage new and existing roasting accounts
- Internal support and service with the Sales department as needed
- Take an active role in events planning and execution
- Assist customers with proactive coffee selection and account management
- Cup and understand Cafe Imports menu of offerings
- Travel to coffee-producing countries and coffee events with customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, or related degree
- 5 years experience in Sales or more (preferably more than 7 years)
- 5 years experience in coffee-related environment (preferably more than 7 years): understand cupping, sourcing, selling, inventory management, pricing, and order management
- Experience in acquiring new customers and establishing customer relationships
- Experience in creating new partnerships and opportunities for sales
- Ability to adapt to different work settings and challenges
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people all over the world via phone, e-mail, and in person
- Cultural awareness and experience working with people from other countries
- Interpersonal Skills – working directly one on one with existing and new customers
- English language proficiency
- Conversant in German language
Cafe Imports is a small and exciting entrepreneurial organization. Our culture is perfectly suited for an individual who takes pride in providing excellent and accurate service to clients and colleagues.
Our compensation, benefits, and incentive plan are complete and competitive.
Visit our website to learn more about us: www.cafeimports.com. To apply please e-mail a cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org (No calls, please.)